Ed Bott and some other people I enjoy reading do this once in a while. Open up your jukebox of choice, point the shuffle feature to your entire library of songs and list, without exception, the first 10 or so songs that play.
I have a lot of (wildly different) songs. Here we go…
1) Ryan Adams- Anybody Wanna Take Me Home (Rock N Roll)
2) Miracle Legion- Maybelline (Drenched)
3) Travis Tritt- Lord Have Mercy on the Working Man (T-R-O-U-B-L-E)
4) CSN&Y- Suite: Judy Blue Eyes (4 Way Street)
5) Bob Dylan- You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Blood on the Tracks)
6) Jerry Jeff Walker- The Ballad of the Hulk (Mr. Bojangles)
7) Nadine- So That I Don’t Miss You (Downtown, Saturday)
8) Pinetop Seven- Ten Thousand to Carlisle Came (Bringing Home the Last Great Strike)
9) Doug Sahm- Son of Bill Baety (Together After Five)
10) Lightnin’ Hopkins- Woman Woman (Complete Aladdin Recordings)
I could have done worse. There are actually Partridge Family songs in there somewhere.